We live in the present.
We plan and worry about the future.
History is the study of the past.
U.S. History is an in-depth study of our history.
It particularly develops units from Early Exploration and the Colonial Period through the Civil War.
There is emphasis placed upon a working knowledge of the U.S. Constitution. The goal of this year of study is to develop an appreciation and a knowledge of our country's past, coupled with a greater understanding of its present and future.
ORDER OF STUDY:
1. Exploration and the discovery of the Americas
2. Colonization of North America
3. Road to Revolution
4. American Revolutionary War
5. U.S. Constitution
6. Westward Expansion
7. Civil War
- Grades are kept using Infinite Campus
- Click on the "Grading" link at left to get started
- Honesty and integrity are required...cheating will not be tolerated
Formative Assignments: Homework & projects (20%)
Summative Assignments: Tests and Quizzes (80%)
1. Students may turn in late work any time during a quarter,
up until the last week
2. Complete late work will receive a score of 2 / 4
Students may retake any Summative Assignment
1. Student must schedule a conference with the teacher
2. Student must complete enrichment study materials
3. Retake must take place within one week
4. Retake must be taken outside of regular class time
(new score replaces old score)
DAILY CLASS MATERIALS:
Spiral (large, single subject)
Pencil / Pen (black or blue ink only)
The American Journey:
Early Years (Glencoe)